FIRST DATE IDEAS – WHAT TO WEAR ON A FIRST DATE
Many women are often confused about what to wear on a first date. However, factors like the person you are going out with, where you are going, and weather conditions will help you determine the type of outfit you will put on. You want to look attractive and fabulous but at the same time, you don’t want to look provocative or cheap.
He finally asked you out on a date and you really want to impress him. As the old saying goes, “First impressions last forever. “ So, what should you wear?
Truly, that is up to you. There is no correct dating uniform, but here are some tips for you to consider while contemplating what to wear:
- Plan ahead of time: You need to plan ahead of time what you will wear to avoid being stressed out or late for your first date. Take into consideration where you are going – on a picnic, to the theatre, a movie, a restaurant… Will the event be formal or casual? Once you know the details, you can choose your attire appropriately. Don’t be too shy to ask your date what he’s planning to wear. This will also help you to select your outfit.
- Consider what you might be eating: You need to consider what you might be eating at the restaurant or wherever you’re going on your date. If there is a possibility of ordering something like spaghetti and meatballs, then you should plan to wear something – anything – other than white. We all know how attracted food is to white clothes. No need to risk it. First impressions J
- Will there be any physical activity? Will you probably be going for a walk or dancing? Knowing this will help a lot with determining the type of shoes to wear. To be safe, you should not wear high heels. Also, a first date is not the time to break in a new pair of shoes. They might be cute but very uncomfortable.
- Avoid wearing anything too revealing: Wearing an outfit like a short skirt or a low-cut top is not ideal for a first date. The first date is the time to get to know a little more about each other and decide if you are interested in going on a second date.
- Rock a comfortable outfit: Adjusting your clothing gives the impression that you are uncomfortable or lack confidence.
- Avoid heavy makeup: You should avoid wearing heavy makeup on your first date. He will be taking a very close look at you. So let your natural beauty, not the makeup, capture his full attention.
In other words, dress impressively, appropriately, comfortably; but above all, be yourself. If you have any tips you’d like to share on dressing for a first date, please leave them in the comments section below. We’d like to hear from you!